Brown Beef Chinese Sauce
I remember the first time I was served this dish at a Chinese restaurant, It was sooo fascinating… What I used to do whenever I taste a food as a kid is to try and guess the ingredients or spice or flavour it had.. Sooo I decided to make me some one day, It tasted so good but I couldn’t get the exact flavour I wanted. It was missing something, probably a secret ingredient these Chinese people had, soooo I kept on trying and trying And one amazing thing I learnt is that “Practice makes perfect”. So it kept me going cause I really wanted to get it, And I finally got it, not that same one I tasted few years ago but my own typa Perfection.
- Beef (cut in stripes)
- Soy sauce
- Dark soy sauce
- Green Bell Pepper
- Red Bell pepper
- Red Onions
- Garlic paste
- Ginger paste
- Oyster sauce
- Cinnamon stick
- Star anings
- Corriander seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Seasoning (Maggi)
- Mixed spice
- Olive oil
- Corn flour (Substitute :flour)
- Marinade your beef with the spices and the maggi
- Sprinkle some flour on it
- And 1 tablespoon of lemon
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce and dark soy sauce to it.
- Mix and let it sit, you can marinade it for as long as you want. And you can marinade it few minutes before cooking it.
- Pour your oil in a pan, add your spices, maggi and the cinnamon stick, Fennel and coriander seeds.
- Let it fry a little, then add your beef, garlic paste and ginger paste
- Mix it all up and cover, reduce the heat let the juice from the meat come out.
- And like 3 tablespoons of water, depending on the meat tho and cover it cook
- When it cooked and the water is dry and you can see the oil, add your veggies and onions and let it simmer into the flavour.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of corn flour to one cup of water.
- Pour it into your pan, mix it all up, add few drops of dark soy sauce let it darken up.
- Add salt to taste and a half tablespoon of honey
- Cover it and leave a little space open, Let it all come together.
- When you taste and you can taste all the flavours then it’s done.
Stir Fried Veggy sauce
One thing I enjoy most about cooking is the beauty in varieties of vegetables, Each Vegetable has its own Taste, Aroma and Texture… And of course it’s benefits to the body. I’m not really the healthy eating typa person but this recipe surely makes me want to always eat healthy 😋.
- Green Pepper
- Green peas
- Red Bell pepper
- Spring onions
- Garlic paste
- Black pepper, Oregano, salt and Seasonings
- Chicken stock
- Oyster sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Scotch Bonnet
- Corriander seed
- Cumin seed
- Cut all your vegetables in long strips
- Pour your oil in your pan
- Put quarter of the onions and then add garlic, Corriander seeds and cumin seeds in it
- Let it fry for a bit then add in your scotch bonnet (frying reduces the heat in the pepper).
- Pour in your vegetables except cabbage.
- Pour in your spice and Seasonings
- Let it fry all together, then add in 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce and 2 tablespoons of chicken stock
- Then add your cabbage lastly and let all the ingredients come together by absorbing it’s flavours for like 5 minutes or less.
- Serve with any dish of your choice (preferably rice or cous cous).
Silky Saucy Chicken soup
Name sounds like something complicated but trust me it’s soooo easy and delicious. Short story, it was 30 minutes before iftar and I had no idea what to make and I really wanted to eat something different and appetizing… Weell you know how we ladies crave stuff😅. Sooo I used the few vegetables I had and made this… It was so good, it can be served as a soup and as a sauce….. Oh yhh almost forgot, it’s soo healthy.
- Chicken laps
- Cinnamon stick
- Corriander seeds
- Seasoning and salt
- Sesame oil and olive oil
- Red onions, garlic paste and ginger paste
- Fresh parsley
- Black pepper, Oregano, cumin powder, thyme, curry powder
- Oyster sauce, soy sauce
- Red Bell pepper, green Bell pepper, chilli pepper
- Chilli flakes
Boil your chicken and add spices and Seasonings
- Boil your chicken, add salt, black pepper and Seasonings and chilli flakes (desired amount).
- When it’s cooked, shredd it
- Pour your oil in a pan, add your spices and seeds on it, give it 15 seconds
- Add your onions, fry it a little for 5 seconds
- Then add your chopped vegetables
- Add your parsley, garlic and ginger, salt black pepper and Seasonings and let it fry for 2 minutes
- Add your chicken and let it absorb all the flavours
- Then mix 1 tablespoon of flour and 1 cup of flour in a bowl, mix it up and it to your fried veggies
- Add your soy sauce and oyster sauce in it
- Add 1 cup of your chicken stock, then let it cook for 5 minutes
- Serve it hot, sprinkle some lettuce on it and two slices of cucumber.
Pancakes, loved by many especially kids!!… Pancake is my favourite breakfast, made with simplicity and love. I love my pancakes plain how do you like yours?.. Let me know as you try this recipe out😊.
Flour – 2cups
Sugar(brown sugar preferably) -2 tablespoons
Bakind powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Butter milk – 1 cup
Butter- 1 tablespoon
Egg – 1
Seive all your dry ingredients into your bowl.
Melt your butter.
Beat your egg, and pour your butter milk and your butter into it. Note(your butter milk should be warm).
Make a whole in the middle of your dry ingredients, and mix it up gently until all the ingredients are all mixed up.
The consistency should neither be thin nor thick.
Add more milk if it’s too thick.
Heat up your non-stick frying pan, pour a desirable amount.
When you see bubbles on top, flip it over.
To know if it’s cooked, press or tap it lightly if it comes back to it’s normal way then it’s done.
You know how some people think making pizza is filled with all the amazing gooey, saucy ingredient. Well it is kinda expensive(well mostly in Nigeria). I remember how happy this made me feel, when I found out that I could use white sauce to make pizza and it’ll actually come out soooo delicious without cheese. Beautiful is one word but Saucy completes it😋.
- Pizza dough
- My favourite homemade tomato sauce
- Beef or chicken
- Sweet corn
- Cheese sauce alternative
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees
- Spray your pan with an oil and sprinkle flour on it to cover it up, pour out the excess.
- Roll your dough with a rolling pin and Place it in the pan
- Spread your tomato sauce on it
- Pour a little of the cheese sauce alternative on it and the sprinkle some dry Oregano
- Spread your beef or chicken, the sweet corn and put more of the cheese sauce alternative , then lastly the sausages and onions
- Layers doesn’t have to be uniform
- Place it in your oven for 20 minutes and you have your freestyled pizza😋
To get recipe on Pizza dough and the cheese alternative sauce, stay tuned🤗💕
My Favourite story about how it all started
Food has always been a part of me from a young age, I loved playing the cook with sand and flowers and leaves. Sometimes sneaking into the kitchen to get some few real ingredients 😂. I loved any game that had to do with cooking, My favourite site was Oyunlarcookinggames.com. Sooo I can say that cooking has always been a part of me but I didn’t realise it sooner…. So a family member of ours used to bake cake for me and my siblings for our birthdays and it was always not fluffy. I always used to think “okay that’s probably how cakes tastes like” but i refused to believe that, so I tried other people’s cakes and I still didn’t get that satisfaction I wanted. Soooo I decided to do a research on how to make mine fluffy and satisfying. I tried it for the first time, it came out weeell disappointing but I didn’t let it get to me… After 5 trials I got a perfect recipe and it was the best Fluffy chocolate cake I have ever tasted😁. And the I realise that I really had fun when I was researching and trying it out, it really made me excited and I loved the feeling. And that was how it all started.
- Flour 3 cups
- Cocoa powder 1/2
- Sugar 3cups
- Baking powder 11/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Eggs 4 eggs
- Vegetable oil 1/2 cup
- Butter Milk 11/2 cup
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Hot water 11/2
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Butter your pan or spray it with an oil spray
- Use flour or Cocoa powder on the pan to avoid the cake sticking, then pour any excess away
- Mix your flour, sugar, Cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a bowl.
- Make a hole in the middle and Pour in your eggs, milk, oil and water and mix to in-cooperate all the ingredients ( Don’t over mix)
- Pour your batter in your pan evenly
- Place it at the center of your oven for 30-35 min at 350 degrees
- To check if it’s done, pierce it with a toothpick, if it comes out clean then it’s done. If it has some of the cake batter on it then it still needs some minutes.
- There you go, you baked a cake!!! 😃😃
- You can use the same ingredients for cupcakes.
STAY TUNED FOR RECIPES ON ALL KINDS OF FILLINGS AND TOPPINGS 😋😁